RE: Multi-status and 207

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:12:28 -0800
To: "'Joe Orton'" <joe@orton.demon.co.uk>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
The closest you will get is section 8.6.2 Delete for Collections which says
"If an error occurs with a resource other than the resource identified in
the Request-URI then the response MUST be a 207(Multi-Status)." Of course
this doesn't ban returning 207 on a depthless request, common sense does
that.

But common sense is a lousy substitute for standards text. I already added
this issue to the draft status list from your first post so you can be sure
it will be addressed when we move from proposed to draft.

			Yaron