RE: WEBDAV WG Agenda, Orlando IETF

Larry Masinter writes:
> > Items from List Discussion - Jim Whitehead - 30 minutes
> >  - Multiple URI/URL for each resource
> >  - Namespace consistency requirement
> >  - XML attributes in properties
> >  Relevant drafts:
> >  * draft-ietf-webdav-protocol-10
>
> 'namespace consistency requirement' is perhaps misnamed, it's
> a 'namespace hierarchy requirement'.

Or perhaps there are two issues here.  I'll put both names down on the final
agenda, and see what discussion ensues.

> The 'optional backpointers' discussion in advanced collections
> seems to have some interdependence with this issue; it might
> do well to handle old business before new.

Noted -- I'd like to leave the ordering as-is for now, though, unless it
becomes painfully obvious we can't make progress on backpointers without
addressing namespace hierarchy/consistency.  They seem to be somewhat
separable, at least in my mind.

> Is there room on the agenda to discuss the procedural issues
> around revising the document before Draft Standard?
>
> In particular, some of the issues that are 'too late' for Proposed
> Standard might be addressed as you go to Draft, especially as they
> are clarifications and fixes to address problems discovered while
> attempting to build interoperable implementations.

I'll make some room.  I'm certainly very interested in working to make sure
that the Draft Standard revision clears up any known issues, especially
problems encountered while implementing the standard.

- Jim