		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Geoffrey M. Clemm [mailto:gclemm@tantalum.atria.com]
		Sent:	Tuesday, December 01, 1998 8:26 AM
		To:	Chris Kaler
		Cc:	muniz@inf.puc-rio.br; w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
		Subject:	Re: Version merging questions

		   From: Chris Kaler <ckaler@microsoft.com>

		   What I believe we have specified to date is that there
are "conceptually"
		   two revision graphs.  There is a graph that the server
maintains and
		   asserts is correct and there is a graph that is specified
by the client
		   that may be incorrect.

		I disagree.  It is not an issue of correctness or
incorrectness, but
		rather an issue of modifiable and non-modifiable predecessor
		relations.  The reason to maintain a tree of non-modifiable
		predecessor relations is just a recognition of the fact that
many
		implementations of branching and delta storage make it very
expensive
		or even impossible to move a version from one branch to
another.
		Logically, the predecessor in this tree is no more "correct"
than
		the modifiable predecessors created by the MERGE method.