Copy/Move as they relate to versioned resources

From: Bruce Cragun <BCragun.ORM2-1.OREM2@GW.Novell.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:05:16 -0700
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Cc: "Mike Mahoney" <MMahoney.ORM3-1.OREM3@GW.Novell.com>
Do we state specifically the behavior of COPY and MOVE when acting on a versioned resource versus behavior when acting on a revision?  As an example, if versioned resource A has three revisions, each revision has its own unique URL.  If I perform a COPY or MOVE using the URL for, say, the second revision, does that just copy or move that specific revision?  If so, does that create a new versioned resource?  And if the operation was a MOVE, is that revision no longer a revision in the source revision set?

Also, my understanding is that each versioned resource will have a unique URL as well as each revision of that versioned resource having its own URL.  Is that everyone's understanding?  If so, and I use the URL of the versioned resource in a MOVE or COPY, does that move or copy the entire versioned resource or do we interpret the lack of a version identifier to mean, "this URL refers to the default revision"?