RE: LOCK fragments of Web Resource

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:44:56 -0800
To: "Alex Hopmann (Exchange)" <alexhop@exchange.microsoft.com>, "'Satwinder Mangat'" <smangat@Adobe.COM>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
There was work done in this area to support the use of the range header and
the LOCK method. However just trying to support byte range locks turned into
a bottomless pit. What was worse was that we quickly figured out that byte
range locks wouldn't be sufficient. As such the group wisely decided to skip
this rat hole.

		Yaron