Re: Clarification of URI vs. Resource

From: <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:05:20 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Judy,

   I'd have to roughly agree with my interpretation of everything you said
except...

> DELETE collection C1 means that C1 and all of its member resources are
gone,
> not just that certain identifiers for those resources don't work any
more.

I'd hope that this DELETE actually only removes the collection resource and
it's references (for lack of a better word) to it's member resources.  (And
as a result, various URI's would become invalid.) I'd also hope that no
actual member *resources* would be destroyed... except possibly those that
no longer have any (strong?) references to them.

Maybe that's what you meant also?

Jason.