Re: Update to draft-ietf-webdav-dublin-core

Jim Davis wrote:

> As I see it, there are three proposals:
>  1. monolithic.
>  2. structured properties (e.g. list values)
>  3. flattened.
>
> Monolithic is bad for the reasons I just explained.  "flattened" was
> proposed (I suppose) in case DASL did not have structured query,

Flattened was addressed in order to mirror a (now obsolete, apparently) proposal
within Dublin Core, which would have implemented structured elements by
flattening them.  The DC group is now working on an RDF-based system; since RDF
is expressed in XML, we can handle it with structured properties.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | Don't anthropomorphize computers.       |
|francis@netscape.com      |   They don't like it.                   |
New area code for work number: 650