Re: A problem with versioned collections

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 14:32:57 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
"Geoffrey M. Clemm" wrote:

> This makes versioned collections essential for any application
> that wants to version a resource whose semantics depend on other
> resources that it "contains" or "refers to" (such as a book made
> up of chapter resources, or source code that includes header resources.

But isn't that what configuration management is for?

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|Both candidates  |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=======================/are better than a|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |megalomaniac mutant lab mouse bent on    |
|francis@netscape.com      |world domination...but it's pretty close.|