RE: Client Option for Strong References

This is a very appealing approach, but at the moment there is a requirement
for strong references:

"3.1.18 It is possible to request creation of a referential resource that
the server will guarantee to have referential integrity."

The rationale is that there are some applications for which dangling
references are unacceptable, and these applications must be able to insure
at the time they create a reference that it will never be broken.

If the group could be persuaded to give up this requirement, we would no
longer need the weak / strong distinction.

Judith A. Slein
Xerox Corporation
jslein@crt.xerox.com
(716)422-5169