Re: WebDAV and namespaces

From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@Bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:35:32 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Greg Stein wrote:

> Jim Whitehead wrote:
> > You are correct -- Section 24.4 is currently out of date w.r.t. the current
> > XML Namespaces proposal. However, the current XML Namespace proposal is only
> > a W3C Working Draft, and is not yet completely stable. While I don't expect
> > there to be massive changes to the XML Namespaces spec. between now and its
> > final approval, there will be some changes, and hence I am loathe to update
> > the DAV draft until XML Namespaces are finalized.
> I would submit that a massive change has occurred (moving from a
> PI-based namespace definition to an attribute-based system). This kind
> of disparity can't really be a Good Thing(tm).

There are also additional important changes, such as the addition of
facilities for defaulting and scoping namespace declarations. These
might prove themselves quite useful in WebDAV...

Institute for Learning and Research Technology   http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/
University of Bristol,  Bristol BS8 1TN, UK.     tel: +44(0)117 9288478