RE: Versioning goals doc

From: Babich, Alan <ABabich@filenet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:20:26 -0700
To: WEBDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
I'm also of the school of thought that it would not
be feasible to have a design based on additive diff's
for all formats, not even for all "text based" types:
I use a well known word processor that has a proprietary
format, and that WP itself can't deal with diff's
correctly in some cases. And the proprietary format of
the WP changes from release to release.

One could defined an additive diff format for straight
ASCII text (and people have done that), but a design
that works for that one type and no others is not
adequate.

Alan Babich