Re: Versioning goals doc

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:43:41 -0700
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
"David G. Durand" wrote:

> On the other hand, this is one of the things that I was very concerned that
> the initial version requirements _not prevent_. The change-oriented
> approach to collaboration is rapidly becoming mainstream in the CSCW
> research world (5 papers in the upcoming conference this November).

I think our fear is that change-based versioning is so radically different from
revision-based versioning that we cannot support both models in the same protocol
without giving up any hope of interoperability.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |"Dinner Special: Turkey $2.35; Chicken or|
|francis@netscape.com      | Beef $2.25; Children $2.00."            |