Re: Direct References in the Advanced Collections Requirements

"Slein, Judith A" wrote:

> We are still wrestling with the terminology for this distinction.  I've had
> objections in private correspondence to Client-Side / Server-Side, because
> they seem to imply something about the location of the requester that
> irrelevant to the distinction we are trying to make.

I disagree on this point, actually; in the HTTP conversation, the entity
issuing the request is the client by definition, regardless of where that
entity is running.

> Or stick with Indirect Reference / Direct Reference

I still prefer these two, myself; I'd go along with Client-Side/Server-Side,
but the others seem too contrived.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | Organ transplants are best left to the  |
|francis@netscape.com      |  professionals.                         |
New area code for work number: 650