Re: ORDERPATCH in the Advanced Collections Specification

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:23:09 -0700
To: WEBDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Jim Whitehead wrote:

> Since the semantics of ORDERPATCH are being
> implemented by some DAV layer, rather than directly by the document
> management system, it is quite possible that the DAV layer could implement
> multiple order changes per ORDERPATCH

Right--and (IMHO) this would be much better than forcing the clients to do it
instead.  The server can fake it more efficiently than the client can (if the
client has to issue one ORDERPATCH per change), and some servers won't have to
fake it at all.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | Round up the usual disclaimers.         |
|francis@netscape.com      |                                         |
New area code for work number: 650