Re: Optional Backpointers from Targets to References

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:58:10 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Jim Amsden wrote:

> And third, creating a
> reference to a resource will require modification of the target resource to
> update its properties

I don't believe that has to be a problem.  The ACLs can be set up so that they
specifically permit the backpointer property to be updated by the server.  (Come
to that, it's a live property, so write access may not mean very much in the
first place.)

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |"But she calls her ship _Mercy of the    |
|francis@netscape.com      | Goddess_!" "Kali." "Oh."                |
New area code for work number: 650