RE: etag in untagged production of If header

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 00:26:29 -0700
To: "'Jim Amsden'" <jamsden@us.ibm.com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I could also probably come up with some fairly convoluted example where you
could use an untagged If header with an e-tag on a Depth Infinity method but
that would be besides the point. The real point is that we generally don't
ban something unless we have a reason to. Since we didn't have a compelling
reason to keep e-tags out of untagged lists and there is occasion that they
could actually be useful in an untagged list, we decided to just allow them.

			Yaron