RE: Namespace consistency

Howard Modell writes:
> So if I have a personal webspace, ...
>
> http://warlok.ds.boeing.com/~howie/
>
> .. and I choose I create a "WebDAV collection" in my space, ..
>
> http://warlok.ds.boeing.com/~howie/a/b/c
>
> .. am I in violation of the rules above since the URL of my personal space
> is NOT of and by itself the URL of a collection?

Well, actually, the URL of http://warlok.ds.boeing.com/~howie/ is a correct
URL for a collection, since it has a trailing slash.  But, what you're
probably asking is whether the resource identified by
http://warlok.ds.boeing.com/~howie/ needs to be of type WebDAV collection.
The implication of the requirement in section 4.3 (no namespace gaps)
combined with the requirement in section 4.1 that namespaces must behave as
DAV collections even if they weren't created with WebDAV, is that yes, the
resource identified by http://warlok.ds.boeing.com/~howie/ needs to be of
type WebDAV collection if http://warlok.ds.boeing.com/~howie/a/b/c is
WebDAV-compliant.

- Jim