Re: Baby steps

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 15:34:26 -0700
To: WEBDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
CC: Bruce Cragun <BCragun.ORM2-1.OREM2@gw.novell.com>
Jim Whitehead wrote:

> 1) Retrieving a version of a resource where the version identifier and
> Vportal URL are known (but the exact URL of the version of the resource is
> unknown)

[...]

> For case 1, ideally it should be possible to use GET, with the version
> identifier specified in a header, on the Vportal URL.  The response will an
> entity representing the requested resource.

I'm a little leary of this--it sounds like you're using the Vportal as if it
were a referential resource (with parameters), and I'd prefer to see it behave
like one; i.e., it should give a redirect rather than returning the entity.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | "Who died and made you king?"           |
|francis@netscape.com      | "My father."                            |
New area code for work number: 650