Re: Deletes and Constraints

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 14:19:51 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Doug Davis wrote:

> > Why not just lock the resource and overwrite it contents?
> Because the old and the new resources are different resources.  If, at some
> point in the future, someone asked for the 'old' resource by UUID I don't want
> it to be found.

I'm unclear on this scenario.  Where did they get that UUID, and why would the
old resource still be stored under it (or anywhere) after being overwritten?

Are the old & new at two separate http: URLs?

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |"And bring the search warrant."          |
|francis@netscape.com      |"You mean the sledgehammer, sir?" "Yes." |
New area code for work number: 650