RE: must property names be empty and attributeless?

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:31:04 -0700
To: "'Jim Davis'" <jdavis@parc.xerox.com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
An explicit design decision for properties is that they are NOT resources.
In HTTP resources handle content negotiation. If you need content
negotiation then you need a resource.

However it is possible for the server to return you a URL which can resolve
to the same value as an associated property. So if I ask for the author
property I will get a static result, negotiation is strictly not allowed.
However it would be perfectly fine to also get back an extension to the
multistatus format that returns a URL associated with that property. That
URL could then be resolved using content location.

			Yaron