Re: Locking questions

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:38:34 -0700
To: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Jim Amsden wrote:

> But there may be many shared locks in the lockdiscovery property. How would an
> application figure out which one was the one just created for this user?

Because the app knows which credentials it submitted in the LOCK request.

> If locks are lost on a move, why bother having the lock
> tokens in the If header? Could users subvert locking by moving the resource to
> another location, editing it, and then moving it back?

No, because they can't move it if someone else has locked it.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | "Where's your sense of adventure?"      |
|francis@netscape.com      | "Hiding under the bed."                 |
New area code for work number: 650