Re: Direct and Indirect References

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 15:08:48 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Jim Davis wrote:

> This kind of reference  would sometimes be useful,

This makes sense intuitively, but I'm having trouble understanding why--what can
you do with a direct reference that you can't do with an indirect one?

> We have to leave *something*
> for future generations to do, after all.

"Good idea.  It'll make them feel more involved."  (Doonesbury reference.)

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | I will not buy this .signature, it is   |
|francis@netscape.com      |  scratched.                             |
New area code for work number: 650