Re: GET and PUT on References: New language for the spec

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 15:14:17 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
John Tigue wrote:

> For the PUT case we could suggest something like the following DTD
> snippet:
> <!ELEMENT BODY ( A, A, %TheUsualSuspects; ) >
> And prose explaining that the first A is for the target and the second
> is for the reference.

Question: Do we need the reference A? It's just the URL that was fetched,
isn't it?

I suppose we might, if there were multiple references along the way or
something.  I'd suggest the second A should be optional, though.

> I agree. I'm just trying to help adoption on the low end by enabling
> JavaScript.

OK, yeah, that does seem worthwhile.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | Cogito ergo Spud.  (I think, therefore  |
|francis@netscape.com      |  I yam.)                                |
New area code for work number: 650