RE: Comments on 06 spec

From: Dylan Barrell <dbarrell@opentext.ch>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:59:41 +0100
To: "'ejw@ics.uci.edu'" <ejw@ics.uci.edu>, "'SKREDDY@us.oracle.com'" <SKREDDY@us.oracle.com>, "slein@wrc.xerox.com" <slein@wrc.xerox.com>
Cc: "w3c-dist-auth@w3.org" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
>    I think, to make the spec more clearer, good add some more explanation
on
> COPY, MOVE and DELETE methods, how
>    locks are issued on source and target resources for these operations
and
> impact of this on relevant methods.

I agree, a small section on the integrity concerns is probably worthwhile.
 On the other hand, describing all of the possible interactions between all
methods is a combinatoric nightmare, and I think this isn't a good idea.

- Jim

[Dylan Barrell]  I agree. Add to the above examples the fact that a user may have a lock on a resource which is part of a large tree which is being operated-on (e.g. DELETED) and there is no good solution for all cases (with the current spec).