RE: v6: 7.1 allprop and propname

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:54:09 -0800
To: "'Jim Davis'" <jdavis@parc.xerox.com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Cc: "Saveen Reddy (Exchange)" <saveenr@exchange.microsoft.com>
Now Jim, be nice, saying things are silly just makes folks get all riled up.
In this case what you have found is a typo. Somebody was clearly typing too
late at night and screwed up.

I have changed the paragraph to what it was originally meant to say:

	In the case of allprop and propname, if a principal does not have
the right to know if a particular property exists then the property should
be silently excluded from the response.

The reason why I say "should" and don't capitalize it is that the server
should have the maximum flexibility in how it handles this type of
situation. The point of the sentence is just a friendly note to the
implementer that they don't have to feel required to return even the name of
a property which the client isn't supposed to know about.

			Yaron