A draft web versioning protocol

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 17:29:52 -0700
To: WEBDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
In preparation for the upcoming WebDAV meeting, I have written down my
thoughts on how a Web versioning protocol should be constructed, and have
developed a preliminary draft describing such a protocol.

This document has been submitted to the I-D directory as
draft-whitehead-webdav-versioning-00.txt, and will be available from the I-D
directory in a few days.  Until this time, it is available at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/versioning/draft-whitehead-webdav-ver
sioning-00.txt

It's also available off of the WebDAV home page:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/

It has far more TBDs and open design issues in it than I would prefer, but I
think it provides a good starting point nonetheless.  I look forward to your
comments both on the list, and at the Redmond meeting.

- Jim