Re: The 7 Deadly Sins of Versioning

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 09:16:43 -0700
To: WEBDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Jim Whitehead wrote:

> Or, what happens if the difference is in a difference charset
> from the original (e.g. applying a UTF-16 diff to a UTF-8 original).

Perhaps the answer is that they're both Unicode, so apply the diff in Unicode
and then store the result in whichever transformation format makes sense?

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | This is the .sig that says...           |
|francis@netscape.com      |        Ni!                              |
New area code for work number: 650