Re: creationdate format

From: Markus Fleck <fleck@informatik.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 04:39:35 +0100
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Yaron Goland wrote:
> XML uses it and it is my understanding that all future IETF
> standards will be moving over to it.
> > The rationale for using the ISO8601 date format was a strong
> > feeling on the Design Team (Yaron was the main proponent, as
> > I recall) that it is a
> > superior time format.

An example for ISO 8601 is

More information can be found, for example, at

BTW, PEP (HTTP extension draft) mentions WebDAV in
Section 17.1, "Client Queries Server for DAV" in
the draft-ietf-http-pep-05.txt (expired 21 Nov 97).
However, I could not find a link in the WebDAV drafts
or on the web site to PEP. Is PEP obsolete?