INDEX vs. PROPFIND

From: Judith Slein <slein@wrc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 07:37:50 PST
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I have a couple of questions about what it will mean to get rid of INDEX
and use PROPFIND instead.

1.  What if all I want is the list of URLs of the members of the
collection, and I don't want to see any properties?  The Propfind request
header currently requires at least one property to be requested.

2.  What will PROPFIND behavior be if I ask for, say, the author property
and the title property, and some of the members of the collection have
those properties while others do not?  What I want to happen if I'm using
PROPFIND as a substitute for INDEX is that I get at least the href for
every member of the collection, whether or not it has the properties I
requested.

--Judy

Name:		Judith A. Slein
E-Mail:		slein@wrc.xerox.com