RE: comments on v5

From: Jim Davis <jdavis@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:23:26 PST
To: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
At 04:23 PM 11/25/97 PDT, Yaron Goland wrote:
>Hyphenation? I'm sorry, I don't know what you are referring to. Could you
>please provide an example?

This refers to the names chosen for properties that have compound noun names.
Sometimes the compound noun components are joined with hyphens, e.g.
get-content-type, and other times they are joined without a hyphen, e.g.
locktimeout (not lock-timeout).

I claim that WebDAV would be (slightly) better if all the XML properties
were named using just one of these two styles.  It is a minor point
affecting readability.

>opaquelocktoken - I believe section 5.3 addresses all of your concerns.

You are completely right.  I offer no excuse for overlooking it.  I beg
your pardon.