RE: Introducing Saveen Reddy

Thanks for the intro, Jim.

Well, to begin I'd like to say "hello" to you all. Some of you may
remember me as one of the contingent of Microsoft employees at the Orem
meeting.

If it helps you remember me ... I was the ruggedly handsome (and modest)
one.

Anyway, I have been involved with internet content and protocol issues
for about a year now and as it has big doses of both, DAV is one of the
more interesting things I get to think about.

Following in the tradition of these introductions, I'll tell you a
little bit about my biases also. I'm a server-guy, so I see the world in
terms of operations that maximize server efficiency and let servers take
advantage of their special capabilities. (You can see why I like
recursive operations on collections.) I also tend to dissociate the
protocol from the storage - I generally feel that protocols allow access
to the storage, but don't define the semantics of the storage itself. I
know its a hard line to draw  to show where semantics and heaviors
should appear, but that's why we are here and I know we are going to
have a lot of fun thinking about it.

And for those who just *have to know* all the details: I come from Man,
West Virginia. I was a volunteer firefighter and EMT. I draw with my
computer (you can see some of my drawing at
http://www.acm.org/turing/~saveenr/gallery ). I play roller hockey and
ice hockey. I enjoy reading sci-fi and ancient history (my favorite book
is Nabakov's "Lolita"). My favorite movies are "Coal Miner's Daughter"
and "The Last of the Mohicans".

I look forward to working with you all ,

-Saveen