RE: collection with ordered members

Somewhere we have to say "enough." It is easy to add "Just one more
feature." However I do not believe it is appropriate to further complicate
the base DAV spec with a feature that no server, anywhere, document
management or otherwise, provides support for.

Furthermore, the issue is not one of a simple "magic bullet" and all of a
sudden all servers are able to support compound documents. There are two
steps to this process. First the server has to understand the particular
compound document format the client is using THEN the server has to support
the compound document features. So discovery MUST occur, first for the
document format and then for the compound document features.

Given the fact that this feature is brand new, given that it requires
discovery, I believe it is inappropriate to further complicate the
draft-ietf-webdav-protocol spec with it. It should be an extension spec and
support for the extension spec can be discovered at the same time that the
client discovers if the server supports the particular compound document
file format the client wishes to use.

			Yaron