DTDs

From: David G. Durand <david@dynamicdiagrams.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:10:12 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
  On a less-histrionic note, I'd like to point out that the (probable) use
of XML in the RDF effort is likely to raise the profile of XML significantly.
Also, the use of a DTD, as Terry pointed out, provides a machine-checkable
syntax definition for which several tools are already available, thus reducing
the chance of bugs in the spec, since you could check your examples and
cases with a tool. Seems like a win to me.

  -- David
David Durand                 dgd@cs.bu.edu| david@dynamicDiagrams.com
Boston University Computer Science        | Dynamic Diagrams
http://www.cs.bu.edu/students/grads/dgd/  | http://dynamicDiagrams.com/