RE: DTD for protocol-03?

From: David G. Durand <david@dynamicdiagrams.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 09:33:25 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

   As one of the people working on the definition of XML, I can say that
Yaron's comment about the deprecation of XML DTDs is science fiction. I can
also point out that you can manitain _one_ definition, in the form of a
DTD (which is almost exactly like BNF actually). You even get the ability
to validate your examples without writing any code, since Microsoft (among
others) has made a validatiing XML parser publicly available.

   The point of standards is to be used.

  -- David
David Durand                 dgd@cs.bu.edu| david@dynamicDiagrams.com
Boston University Computer Science        | Dynamic Diagrams
http://www.cs.bu.edu/students/grads/dgd/  | http://dynamicDiagrams.com/