RE: DTD for protocol-03?

DTDs are NOT necessary for XML and in fact are seen as being deprecated
by many parts of the XML community. Furthermore the DTD syntax is not
well known amongst the HTTP community, of which DAV is a member, while
BNF is.

Given that providing a DTD is not necessity for XML and that we will
still have to provide our current syntax I propose that we add DTDs, as
an appendix, to the final draft. Until we reach that final draft, there
is little point in having to maintain two sets of definitions.

			Yaron