Re: RE: Locks, reservations, copies and moves

I am uncomforatble with the idea of a lock moving with a resource.  If the proposed semantics of move as "a copy followed by a delete" stands, then an authenticated client requesting a move with the appropriate lock token would anticipate the object to be where the move so directed (sans lock).  Thus, the lock acts simply as a collision aviodance mechanism over the lifetime of the copy and delete processes (whatever those entail).

To put it succinctly, "Locks on an object are lost when you move it.  ..."

   Del

>>> Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com> 08/29/97 06:06PM >>>
Clearly.
	Yaron