Re: Open Issues - Hierarchical Collections

From: Judith Slein <slein@wrc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 12:31:50 PST
To: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Here are a few other questions I had about hierarchical collections:

It should be possible to search a hierarchical collection based on attribute
values.  We might not want to provide methods for performing searches, but
we need to know that such searches are feasible.

Can members of a collection be ordered (so that collections can be used to
implement compound documents)?

Can many people add objects to a collection and remove objects from a
collection at once?

--Judy
Name:			Judith A. Slein
E-Mail:			slein@wrc.xerox.com