Re: IETF sponsorship

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 14:04:00 -0800
To: ben@algroup.co.uk
Cc: ben@algroup.co.uk, w3c-dist-auth@www10.w3.org, Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no, moore+iesg@cs.utk.edu

>> >I'm somewhat surprised by this idea. Firstly, is it really the group's
>>desire
>> >to be sponsored by W3C? I've seen no opinions expressed either way.
>>
>> The opinion of the group, as expressed at the Palo Alto meeting, was that
>> we should pursue joint sponsorship by the IETF and the W3C.  This was
>> written in the minutes from the Palo Alto meeting (Day 2, 2nd paragraph).
>
>Hmmm. I can't find these minutes, but my records are far from perfect. Was this
>meeting a W3C meeting, by any chance?

The Palo Alto meeting minutes are available at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ejw/authoring/paloalto/minutes.html

Officially, the Palo Alto meeting was an ad-hoc gathering of people who are
interested in furthering the goal of enabling broad interoperability of
distributed web content authoring tools.

- Jim