From:  Larry Masinter[SMTP:masinter@parc.xerox.com]
Sent:  Montag, 23. Juni 1997 12:54
To:  Jim Whitehead
Cc:  w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject:  Re: Open Requirements Issues

I think there will soon enough be a 'policy' statement from
the IAB based on, but different from, the report of the IAB
charset workshop, such that it is not necessary for WEBDAV
to have an explicit policy on charsets. However, support for
authoring multi-lingual documents, and documents with variants
in multiple languages, and support for versioning thereof,
could usefully be addressed in the WEBDAV requirements; however,
I also think it will be difficult to get consensus on anything
that is meaningful, because individual's perceptions of requirements
in this area are widely varying.

Larry
--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter