Re: Access Control Preliminary Draft

From: -=jack=- <jack@twaxx.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:00:08 -0700
To: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
>"5.2 It must be possible to assign an access attribute to a collection
>(such as a directory).  The system must assign appropriate default access
>attributes to resources added to a collection."

Hmm.  I think I like this even better than the original requirement -- I
think this provides a good tradeoff between wanting to assign individual
access permissions to resources, but still have some way for a resource to
receive its initial, default permissions.
I like this better also, I must admit there is a good point raised about
the potential complexity.  Having the inheritance provide defaults (or
some similar scheme) seems a good tradeoff to me as well...

-=jack=-

(This text composed by voice)