From:  Terry Allen[SMTP:tallen@sonic.net]
Sent:  Donnerstag, 5. Juni 1997 23:27
To:  ejw@ics.uci.edu; w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject:  Re: Open Requirements Issues

>We definitely need some words on this topic, however my lack of experience
in this area hinders my ability to construct a good requirement.  Something
along the lines of, "All fields which might be displayed to a human user of
client software should be fully international."  I'd appreciate some
assistance for good wording of "fully international" -- something along the
lines of "supports iso character set standard XXX" might work.

How about "nothing in this specification shall be interpreted to
inhibit internationalization".  As for the character set, the IAB
view is ISO 10646.

Regards,

  Terry Allen    Electronic Publishing Consultant    tallen[at]sonic.net
                   http://www.sonic.net/~tallen/
    Davenport and DocBook:  http://www.ora.com/davenport/index.html
          T.A. at Passage Systems:  terry.allen[at]passage.com