Re: Access Control Draft

From: Gregory J. Woodhouse <gjw@wnetc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:43:42 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
cc: howard.s.modell@boeing.com, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I agree that our approach to access control should not imply a set of
roles which are too specific to a particular application or document
management strategy. Instead, I think we should adopt a general scheme
such as UNIX-style groups, VMS style privileges and rights, or our system
of keys. Any one of these schemes would suit our needs without locking us
into a specific set of roles.

---
Gregory Woodhouse
gjw@wnetc.com    /    http://www.wnetc.com/home.html
If you're going to reinvent the wheel, at least try to come
up with a better one.