Re: Access Control Draft

From: Sankar Virdhagriswaran <sv@hunchuen.crystaliz.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 15:16:52 -0400
To: yarong@microsoft.com
CC: masinter@parc.xerox.com, ejw@ics.uci.edu, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Aren't there two issues here:

a) The "initialization" set of issues: How do I setup the access
control policy, how do I specify it, etc. (the I here could be an
author or an information provider or whatever).

b) The "steady-state" set of issues: What access control policies come
into effect based on the "state" of the resource/document.

From a protocol perspective, the second is as thorny issue to address
as the first.

Also, as I said in an earlier message, all this need to be partitioned
off based on the type of user, type of task, and possibly others.