factoring of services

From: Sankar Virdhagriswaran <sv@hunchuen.crystaliz.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 19:33:02 -0400
To: masinter@parc.xerox.com
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Just to make sure that I am not misunderstood: The suggestions I am making
*are* implemented in our system and atleast one other research system and a
product that I am familiar with. So, these are not hypothetical requests.

I am not sure where we are going with this. *We need* the service
separation that I asked for. We have implemented such a system. A
client/server protocol that adds check-in and check-out methods does not
support our requirements.

Sankar Virdhagriswaran			p. no: 508 371 0404