Re: Mixed model metadata proposal

On Sunday, May 4, 1997, Sankar wrote:

> In this proposal it is unclear to me how meta-data that is expressed
> in an object system that supports inheritance is supported.  Can you
> clarify?

The mixed model metadata proposal is silent on the topic of object
orientation, neither providing explicit support nor preventing its
use.  To date the WebDAV requirements have not necessitated the use of
object orientation in metadata.

However, I am not entirely sure what you mean when you state,
"meta-data that is expressed in an object system that supports
inheritance," and Ihope you can clarify what you mean.  In particular,
what requirements does this kind of model satisfy -- perhaps they are
requirements for WebDAV as well?  Furthermore, it is not clear to me
what affect such a model would have on the interface between client
and server.  Does this simply affect the names of attributes, or are
there more implications?

- Jim