status of things

From: Sankar Virdhagriswaran <sv@hunchuen.crystaliz.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 21:53:56 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
From the perspective of the DAV protocol discussion, it seems to me that we
need to make some decisions on issues that were discussed in the last 2
weeks.

The first decision is whether we are going to standardize on the use of
parameters being sent with current HTTP 1.1 compliant methods in order to
support version control and configuration management.

The second decision is the scope of the new and improved DAV protocol which
is going to extend the HTTP 1.1 methods (or even work on a completely new
fictional protocol such as HTTP-NG).

I personally would like us to make progress in both directions. I wonder if
the chair could get a sense of the group?

Sankar Virdhagriswaran			p. no: 508 371 0404