Re: ACLs

From: -=jack=- <jack@twaxx.twaxx.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:00:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: Dave Hollander <dmh@hpsgml.fc.hp.com>
cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
in today's systems ACLs provide the most common and secure access
controls, they are difficult to maintain and manage. I would like to be
able to encourage directory based access control techniques within
the DAV environment.

ok, yes I agree, acls should be accomodated, but I agree that the
solution shouldn't be limited to them.  Directory level specifications
of access properties would also be useful.

-=j=-