RE: Attributes in Prelim DAV Spec

From: Judith Slein <slein@wrc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 08:44:54 PST
To: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
At 03:30 PM 11/8/96 PST, Yaron Goland wrote:
>>The case I'm pointing to is where one attribute itself has attributes.
>>Maybe the syntax here is just http://foo/bar<Abstract><Author>, where
>><Author> identifies the person who wrote the <Abstract> attribute of the bar
>>resource.
>>
>>[Yaron Goland]  This is illegal with the current syntax. It should really be
>>done with Abstract.Author. Still that is not a clean solution. I have no
>>problem extending the syntax to handle this case. Thoughts?

Then let me propose that we make the syntax I used above legal for
identifying attributes of attributes.  It probably should be legal to nest
attributes as deep as you like, although it's hard to imagine really wanting
to go deeper than two levels.

URI = (absoluteURI | relativeURI) *("<" Attribute ">") ["#" fragment]

--Judy
Name:		Judith A. Slein
E-Mail:		slein@wrc.xerox.com
Phone:  	8*222-5169