Re: POST vs. separate methods

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 18:57:13 PST
To: ejw@ics.uci.edu
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
There's not a big difference between the two world views you described
('a collection of objects with methods' and 'a collection of agents'),
and besides, the 'world view' of Yaron and Roy (or you and me) don't
really matter much.

And besides, while the design decision may be influenced by 'world
view', there are usually other considerations that are more compelling
than first principle arguments: compatibility with current
implementations, extensibility, performance, reliability, etc.

I think we can make progress if we just hold off on 'world view'
arguments and focus on the other considerations.

Larry