Re: DMA Comparison

>As well, there are two DMA members sitting on the working
>group, Xerox and Novell. I can speak for Novell in saying that we
>hope to see the efforts of the working group make our DMS
>more globally available via standard IETF approved protocols.

Last time I checked, there were employees of the following DMA member
companies on the distribution of this list (in no particular order): Xerox
PARC, Xerox XSoft, Filenet, Alpharel, Saros, Documentum, Novell.

Steve writes:
>Surely DMA and
>the work of the wg will cross. I would hope that DMA would
>participate rather than be "amused" by the efforts of the working group.

I'd like to echo Steve's hope that the wisdom acquired through DMA efforts
to date would make it's way into the distributed authoring and versioning
specification.  I have always received valuable insight into the
distributed authoring and versioning issue space from my past interactions
with DMA members, and I have no doubt this will continue in the future.  I
have also been very glad for the participation of those members of this
working group who have a document management background, as I feel they
have made significant contributions towards all products of this working
group to date.

I also appreciate it when people indicate an issue is a "rathole," since
this is not always evident at the time.  As a general rule, I would like
this group to benefit from existing work, reinventing as little as
possible.

- Jim